The object was to draw something kinda twisting old kegs into a modern and festive mobile bar system. The first sketch was as is below. The original idea was to cover the front lip with bottle caps. We realized after we drilled the centers out of 2000 of them that it would seriously busy up the overall look, instead, we’ll invest time into the curved wood grain effect. To get this effect it was pointless to try to use real wood due to the density and weight – so – we went with foam.
From there I hunted for some inspiration. The largest bottle cap that I could find was nailed to the side of a cracker barrel. See below
Then it began. We carved and coated the foams and started making the bottle caps. We decided to go with steel for a bar top and base. Then we tossed it together to see what it may look like as a concept. I wasn’t against shifting the idea on the fly to make a better project.